9/14/13

Day One: Sensory Play

Today, M and C played with rainbow spaghetti noodles. I called it our Colorful Rainbow and Pizza Play.

I took 1 lbs of spaghetti noodles and separated them into four parts for four different colors.  You can find out how to make the noodles here. I added some plastic pizzas, forks, and plates to the fun.


I thought this would be a great activity for both boys since it is edible and C is in a mouthing stage. If he sees it, he eats it. 

C thinks this is great fun. He thought the noodles were a little bland though.



 M is exploring. He started out a little shy about it.


M like moving the noodles from the dish to the plates. I think he enjoyed the way the noodles felt.



They really started getting into it. They decided the noodles needed to be mixed all together for a wild color explosion.



M thought that putting noodles on our head was fun too. We talked about how silly he looked and how he had long rainbow hair.


M thought C needed some silly rainbow hair too. 

When we got bored, we just went on to free play with our toys. M helped me clean up the mess. I was told that cleaning up is a good way of showing that an activity is over and it is time to move on to something else.

The boys had a great time with this sensory play activity. It kept their attention for a good 45 minutes and we talked a lot about different colors, taste, and how it felt. I would say our first Tot School Lesson was a success. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts