9/24/13

Homemade Kool-Aid Play Dough

Well I am doing a post about Tire Tracks in Play Dough, so I decided to post my play dough recipe! I hope you guys enjoy this!

The play dough I made was great.  loved how silky smooth it was when I was done, the texture was just awesome! The Kool Aid gave each color a yummy smell, cause let's face it, sometimes play dough just stinks! I found the yummy smells enticing! I have made this before and our play dough lasted for 5 months before I had to throw it away. I only had to trow it away because M mixed the colors into a yucky blob!

So here is how it is done.

What you will need is:
- 1 cup of flour (keep some extra to the side to knead the dough)
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 2 TBS cream of tarter
- 1 TBS of oil
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1-2 packets of kool aid

In a sauce pan boil your water and kool aid. I used 2 packets of kool aide in each batch to make more vibrant colors.
 Meanwhile, in a medium size mixing bowl, combine your flour, salt,cream of tarter, and oil. 
When the water starts boiling mix it into the mixing bowl with the other ingredients. (NOTE: Do not use a whisk, trust me, bad idea!)
When the mixture forms a sort of ball plop in on your counter after you sprinkle some flour down. Let it cool for a few moments, then start kneading away until t is a doughy consistency.
Let the kids play when it is fully cooled, this took about 30 minutes. When playtime is over, store in zipblock bags, make sure you squeeze the air out of the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts