10/26/13

Discovering Colors: Blue Week in a Nutshell

This week our theme was: the color blue

Our Primary Book this week was: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? Written and illustrated by Bill Martin, Jr. and Eric Carle 

Our song this week was: Color Songs For Kids- Blue Color on YouTube



Cuddle Bug had a wonderful week full of blue activities. I apologize now for the lack of photos. My camera batteries went dead and it took  few days to get some new ones.

Monday: We worked on a Discovery Basket of all things blue. C enjoyed pulling the items out and I named each item and described it as he did. We also pointed to blue things in the house.

Tuesday: C continued playing with his Discovery Basket. I also introduced a Discovery Bottle of small blue items he was too young to handle (ex. paper clips, push pins, etc.) We also continued to point out blue items we found.

Wednesday: Monkey joined the fun and we all played a game of hide and seek. We looked for various blue things I hid around the living room. We also continued playing with our Discovery Basket and found some interest in the discovery bottle.


Thursday: We did a blue jell-o sensory activity. I made some blue jell-o and added some small bath toys. We also danced to the song posted above. Cuddle Bug really enjoys music.


The Results: Cuddle Bug can recognize the color blue. When shown two objects of different colors, one blue, he will pick the blue one when asked 8 times out of 10 (Yes, I seriously tried that with him. I was pretty stoked!). This week was a success in my book!

Linking up to the Tot School Gather Place on:
Tot School

Go check out what other Tot School Moms are doing!



2 comments:

  1. Like the idea of putting the small items in a discovery bottle so they can still be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I actually got the idea from a lady who comes to see C every couple of weeks. So I owe credit to her! Thank you for the comment!

      Delete

Popular Posts